Updated: Aug 16, 2022
Drinking water and staying hydrated is essential to our health and well-being, but the majority of the population, according to Anthony William (aka the Medical Medium), is chronically dehydrated. He also says that filtered water and even bottled spring water has lost its vitality and innate living structure. To bring your water back to life and "wake it up," Williams suggests adding freshly squeezed lemon juice to your water. He also says this allows the water to travel more deeply into your tissues and cells and carry the essential nutrients and compounds you need to thrive.
Other Benefits of Lemon Water include:
1. Source of Vitamins C. B
2. Source of minerals such as Calcium and Magnesium
2. Alkalizes and Detoxifies the body
3. Helps control high blood pressure
5. Purifies the Blood
6. Beneficial for the digestive tract
7. Energizes the Mind and Body
Source: Medical Medium
BELOW ARE FIVE OF MY PERSONAL TIPS FOR STAYING HYDRATED and ENERGIZED THROUGHOUT THE DAY:
1. WAKE UP WITH WATER Drink a large glass of water when you wake up before drinking your coffee or tea. You naturally become dehydrated overnight so you want to re-hydrate your body before drinking any caffeinated drinks that will further dehydrate your body.
2. ADD LEMON OR LIME to a glass of room temperature water as soon as you wake up or later in the afternoon when you need an energy boost. Adding hot water will deactivate the enzymes that help flush the toxins from your liver.
3. CARRY A LARGE HYDROFLASK with you wherever you go, and add some lemon or lime to it before leaving the house. Just be sure to wash it regularly to avoid bacteria. I love this brush to thoroughly cleanse the bottle.
4. DRINK COCONUT WATER It's filled with natural electrolytes. I love drinking organic coconut water by Harmless Harvest and also use it in my morning smoothie.
5. EAT YOUR WATER Eat plenty of hydrating raw vegetables with high water (and mineral) content such as lettuce, celery, and cucumber.
Photo Credit: Bridget Hall